What is Actinica® Lotion?
Actinica® Lotion is a highly effective medical device with broad spectrum UV protection. It has been formulated especially for people who are at a higher risk than others of developing skin cancer due to UV exposure.
Actinica® Lotion is Swiss-made by Galderma Spirig, so you can be sure of the highest standards of product quality and reliability, with the following important advanced features:
- Actinica® Lotion is the first and only medical device with demonstrated effectiveness in the prevention of various forms of NMSC in a clinical study:
- 53% reduction of actinic keratosis lesions within two years of regular administration of Actinica® Lotion
- no new invasive squamous cell carcinoma within two years following regular administration of Actinica® Lotion
- Actinica® Lotion contains a combination of modern photostable UV filters, which cover a broad spectrum to absorb, reflect and scatter UV radiation. It is highly effective in protecting skin from ultraviolet B (UVB) as well as from ultraviolet A (UVA) radiation. The UV protection level of Actinica® Lotion has been tested according to the European cosmetic requirements for sunscreens: its UVB and UVA protection level meets the highest category, “very high UV protection”.
- Actinica® Lotion contains extra moisturising properties to help improve skin texture. As it does not contain fragrance or PEG emulsifiers, this helps to ensure that the liposomal lotion is well tolerated, suitable and comfortable for all skin types.
- Easy and convenient application - the unique measured dose dispenser helps you apply the correct amount of Actinica® Lotion to your skin (according to the dosing schedule on the next page) and provides reassurance that you are using enough lotion to protect yourself.